1) Creating instructions for students:
In my classroom we do a lot of inquiry projects and center based learning. For this to happen instructions have to be written so that students can independently work through the process and if I am not available for conferencing they need them to access what to possibly do. This is sometimes hard when you have a high ELL population in the classroom and you don't speak the language. Now you can do this with google translate.
2) Creating dual language books.
3) Students can also type in their own language in google docs and then you can translate it back into English
4) Translating notes and other announcements from your classroom or school is easy to do
So how do you do this:
1) Type the document that you wish to type
2) Highlight the selected text you wish to translate.
3. The next step is to click on tools and look through the drop down menu:
5. Click on the language button and choose from a wide range. Note that not all languages are here, unfortunately.
In the end it will create a whole new document for you to use:
Hope you enjoy this cool tool, like I am.