Tuesday 7 May 2013

Celebrating Mistakes

I would be the first to admit that I am not the greatest writer.  In fact, I detest writing.  It was and still is something that I struggle with; however, that is okay.  Knowing this and making mistakes makes me human and students need to see this.

Often we as educators think that we are suppose to be perfect, know all person.  We are the ones that students turn too as models and we must be perfect.  This is wrong; at least in my opinion!  Our students need to see us struggle.  They need to see us problem solve and work through our own problems.  Our students need to understand that mistakes are okay, that they are places for learning; if we don't make mistakes then how do we show them this.  If we truly believe that the process is better than the final outcome then by making mistakes and owning them, we honour that process.  So make a mistake and see what learning happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment